If you have to call a vet it helps if you know what type of information you will need to have on hand to give them. Below you will find some tips from our resident vets on what kind of questions you need to be able to answer when making the initial phone call.
- How long ago do you think it happened?
- What area on the body or leg is involved and how deep do you think the wound might be?
- What do you think caused it? A sharp penetrating injury, blunt trauma from a fence or tree, or another horse?
- How lame/ sore is the horse?
- Is there heat in the wound area?